2010-

2010

In February, G & L Beijer divests its Beijer Tech business area to Beijer Alma. In consideration, G & L Beijer receives 2.7 million shares in Beijer Alma and a cash portion of SEK 39M. In total, the transaction is valued at SEK 340M.

Poul Friis, who has been a Member of the G & L Beijer Board since 2002, does not stand for re-election at the Annual Meeting of the shareholders of G & L Beijer on 28 April. Harald Link is elected as a new Board Member.

2011

G & L Beijer completes its acquisition of the assets in Carrier Corporation's refrigeration wholesale operation in Thailand. The acquisition is carried out through the formation of a jointly-owned company. Beijer's share amounts to 49 per cent of capital and more than 50 per cent of votes. The acquisition is another step forward in Beijer Ref's global strategy where the Thai operation could form a platform for further expansion in South-East Asia.

During the first quarter, G & L Beijer acquires the Italian SCM Frigo group. SCM Frigo designs, develops and builds chillers.

Initially, G & L Beijer acquires 51 per cent of the shares in SCM Frigo with an option to acquire the remaining 49 per cent.

During the first quarter, G & L Beijer divests its entire holding of 2.7 million shares in Beijer Alma.

In September, G & L Beijer completes its acquisition of Toshiba's distribution operation within air conditioning and heating in eleven European countries from Carrier Corporation. The transaction means that Carrier will transfer staff and assets to G & L Beijer.

During the fourth quarter, G & L Beijer completes its acquisition of United Refrigeration's refrigeration wholesale operations in France and the United Kingdom. With the acquisitions, G & L Beijer strengthens its position further in the French and British markets. The acquisition includes two companies, the French company, Cofriset, and the British company, United Refrigeration (UK) Ltd.

In November, G & L Beijer carries out two acquisitions in South Africa and Mozambique which will strengthen the Group's position in southern Africa. In South Africa, 100 per cent of Phoenix Racks (Pty) Ltd is acquired. Phoenix Racks manufactures customer-adapted refrigeration units. In Mozambique, G & L Beijer acquires a newly formed company which had acquired the assets in the company, Logos Industrias. Logos Industrias carries out refrigeration whole­sale operations. Initially, G & L Beijer acquires 40 per cent of the newly formed company with an option to acquire the remaining 60 per cent within 24 months.

At the end of the year, G & L Beijer divests the operation in its Swedish subsidiary, Asarum Industriaktiebolag (AIA), to the Italian LU-VE Group. At the same time, G & L Beijer enter into a global collaboration agreement with LU-VE to distribute its products. The Italian LU-VE Group is one of Europe's largest manufacturers of heat exchangers.

2012

In January, G & L Beijer acquires the Norwegian company, Ecofrigo AS. Ecofrigo is a project-oriented refrigeration distribution company which mainly operates within the planning and distribution of environment-friendly chillers and refrigerants. The acquisition complements G & L Beijer's existing operation in Norway both geographically and product wise.

In June, G & L Beijer carries out a share split (2:1) which mean that each share is divided into two shares of the same class. After the split, G & L Beijer's total number of shares amounts to 42,478,230 distributed on 3,306,240 A shares and 39,171,990 B shares. The total number of votes amounts to 72,234,390 after the split.

In August, G & L Beijer acquires the Irish refrigeration company, Gasco Ireland Ltd. The acquisition is a step forward in the consolidation of the Irish market. Gasco is strong within refrigerants and complements G & L Beijer's existing operation in Ireland, which has its main focus on refrigeration products and air conditioning.

2013

In April, G & L Beijer acquires the Danish refrigeration wholesaler, FK Teknik. The company, founded in 1956, enjoys a very good reputation in the market. The acquisition is a step forward in a consolidation of the Danish market. G & L Beijer already has a strong position through its existing operation in Denmark.

In June, the Board of Directors appoints Per Bertland as the new President and CEO of G & L Beijer. Per Bertland succeeds Joen Magnusson who, after 30 years as Managing Director and CEO, leave this area of responsibility in agreement with the Board. Joen Magnusson continues as a Board Member and the Board of Directors appoints him as Vice Chairman of the Board. Per Bertland takes up his duties on 1 July 2013. He has worked in different functions within the G & L Beijer Group since 1990. He has been Head of the Beijer Ref business area and a Member of the Executive Management.

2014

In January, Beijer Ref acquires all the shares in Eurocool (Pty) Ltd, a leading refrigeration wholesaler in South Africa. Eurocool was established in 1999 and holds a strong market position within Beijer Ref’s priority segments.

In April, The EU Parliament and the Council of Ministers vote ‘yes’ to the proposal regarding a new F-gas ordinance, which requires the gradual phasing out of refrigerants with fluorised greenhouse gases (f-gases).

In May, The Group changes its name from G & L Beijer to Beijer Ref.

In July, Beijer Ref acquires the remaining 49 per cent of the shares in the Italian SCM Frigo Group, a leading manufacturer in Europe of, among other things, chillers based on eco-friendly technology.

In August, Beijer Ref acquires all the shares in a leading refrigeration wholesaler in Norway, Børresen Cooltech AS.

In September, Beijer Ref acquires the German company, Grün Großhandel für Kälte- und Klimazubehör. Through its location in Stuttgart, it gives the Group a strategically important presence in Germany.

In October, Beijer Ref acquires all the shares in the French refrigeration wholesaler, GFOI (Générale Frigorifique Océan Indien). GFOI is located on the Réunion Island approximately 800 kilometres east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. The acquisition is a step in the Group’s expansion outside Europe.

2015

In January, Beijer Ref signs an agreement with Carrier International Corporation, the world-leading American refrigeration group. The agreement gives Beijer Ref the exclusive right to distribute Carrier’s DX product series within the comfort-cooling segment and to all pertaining service of these products in Europe.

In February, Beijer Ref acquires all the shares in the refrigeration wholesale company, RNA Engineering & Trading, which has its head office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The company is the leading refrigeration wholesaler in the Malaysian market for commercial refrigeration.

In March, Beijer Ref acquires all the shares in the refrigeration wholesale company, Patton, which has its head office in Auckland, New Zealand, and operations in New Zealand, Australia, India and Thailand. Patton was founded in 1923. It is the leading refrigeration wholesaler in New Zealand, with some sales of products manufactured by the company itself. The acquisition gives Beijer Ref a foothold in the important New Zealand, Australian and Indian markets and, at the same time, strengthens the existing operation in Thailand.

Anne-Marie Pålsson (Board Member since 2003) and Harald Link (Board Member since 2010) does not stand for re-election at the Annual Meeting of the shareholders of Beijer Ref on 9 April. Monica Gimre and Frida Norrbom Sams are elected as new Board Members.

In May, Beijer Ref expands its OEM division through the formation of the company SCM Ref France which, with its registered office in Lyon, will focus on the development of an assembly operation for Beijer Ref’s subsidiaries in Southern Europe. The Group transfers its collective refrigeration competence to a growing portfolio with products manufactured by the company itself, which has its origin in Beijer Ref's Italian company, SCM Frigo. In Sweden, the manufacturing company, SCM Ref Sweden, already exists.

In July, Beijer Ref acquires the refrigeration wholesale company, Realcold, which has its head office in Auckland, New Zealand, and around 20 branches in New Zealand and Australia.

In October, Beijer Ref continues to develop its operation in Africa by establishing an operation in Ghana.

In November, Beijer Ref signs an agreement to acquire the remaining 56 per cent of the shares in the refrigeration wholesale company, HRP Ltd, which has 15 branches in the United Kingdom. Beijer Ref has previously owned 44 per cent of HRP since its acquisition of Carrier Corporation’s refrigeration wholesale operation in Europe and South Africa in 2009. As a result, Beijer Ref will strengthen its position in Europe and, with HRP as a complement to the Group’s existing UK refrigeration wholesalers, Dean & Wood and RW Refrigeration, consolidate its position as the market leader in the United Kingdom. The acquisition will be completed during 2016.

In December, Beijer Ref acquires the remaining 40 per cent of the shares in the Thai company, PattonAero, which manufactures chillers, evaporators and condensers. The acquisition of Patton in March 2015 includes an ownership of 60 per cent and, with a wholly-owned manufacturing company, the opportunity also increases for Beijer Ref’s OEM division to develop eco-friendly refrigeration technology in Asia.