1915-1966

1920

G & L Beijer moves into new premises in Norra Vallgatan 70 in Malmö.

1922

Deputy District Judge, Ernst Wethje becomes Chairman.

1930s

The company's shipments of coal and coke reach their peak.

1940s

The War forces Beijer to make many changes. Divisions are established for building materials, exports of machines and tools, and timber trading. During this period, a new large scale warehousing operation with its own warehouses is started within the framework of the shipping and forwarding division.

1950s

At the beginning of the 50s, Beijer's sales portfolio comprises a small number of products sold in large quantities. The main focus is on oil, coal and coke as well as pig iron and commercial steel. Later on, the sales portfolio is expanded significantly through the acquisition of new agencies, mainly within the foundry and steel industries.

1959

Consul Erskine Hain dies. His brother, Richard Hain, is appointed Managing Director with Ernst Wethje as Chairman. Sales of foundry machines, foundry supplies and supplies to the steel mills increase strongly during the year. A subsidiary is established in Oslo, Norway.

1961

Richard Hain is appointed Chairman. John Hain is appointed Managing Director.

1966

G & L Beijer celebrates its Centenary.